Thursday, November 27, 2008

Social Sciences Essay


Social Sciences Essay

The social of the United States have many things that I couldn’t have understood. I could not understand why in the United States have a lot of homeless. Over here that people can survive; even though; they do not have any money. In the United States have many foundation to help these kinds of people. For example they provide food, house, hospital, and so on.


Homelessness is the condition and social category of people who lack housing, because they cannot afford, or are otherwise unable to maintain, regular, safe, and adequate shelter. The term "homelessness" may also include people whose primary nighttime residence is in a homeless shelter, in an institution that provides a temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized, or in a public or private place not designed for use as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings. A small number of people choose to be homeless nomads, such as some Romani people (Gypsies) and members of some subcultures. An estimated 100 million people worldwide are homeless.

The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) defines a "chronically homeless" person as "an unaccompanied homeless individual with a disabling condition who has either been continuously homeless for a year or more, or has had at least four episodes of homelessness in the past three years."

In my country, Thailand, do not have a lot of homeless; moreover; do not have foundation to help the homeless. One day I saw homeless fall down on the floor, and people around there just looked at him and then I asked him “Are you okay” he did not say anything then one guy walked in and took him to sit and call 911. That was so surprise to me why people in the united stated does not want to help each other. After I saw that one of my friends had told me, if you saw something happened here or somebody heart, you could not help any people one thing you can do is call 911; otherwise; you will be a witness. In my country, Thai people help each other that is my country’s social.


Reference;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness



No comments: